Gloucestershire welfare reform offer application form
An award will only be paid where it will have a substantial and immediate effect in resolving or improving an applicant’s circumstances and is appropriate for the applicant’s circumstances.
Applications can be made for:
- People in an emergency where there is a serious risk to their own or their family’s health and safety
- Applicants under exceptional financial pressure (i.e. who do not have the resources to meet their own or their family’s immediate short term needs).
- Anyone who needs help in setting up home in a Gloucestershire community:
- Having left institutional or residential care or supported housing (or about to leave such care or support within the next six weeks).
- Who are eligible under Gloucestershire Reconnection Policy
- A resident of Gloucestershire who, without an award, would otherwise need to go into institutional or residential care
- A resident of Gloucestershire who needs support in caring for someone
- Who has left institutional or residential care
- Who, without care, would otherwise need to go into institutional or residential care
- Families under exceptional pressure
Applicants must meet the eligibility criteria:
- Be resident in Gloucestershire
- Be on Low Income
- Be 16 years old or over
- Be in one of the priority groups shown in part three of this document
You must complete all of the form and attach the relevant documents to prove you are eligible for your application to be processed. It will speed up your application if an agreed agency/service confirms your case for application.
Remember – awards are discretionary. Unfortunately some applications will be unsuccessful
What is Gloucestershire Local Welfare Offer?
- One-off practical support or other forms of assistance for people who are eligible
- The offer is discretionary
- There is an emphasis on the use of recycled goods, food parcels and non-cash awards
- Individuals will only be eligible to receive one award in any 12 month period
How to Apply
- The attached application form must be completed
After you have applied
- If an application is successful, an award will be made within 24 hours to 10 days depending on the critical nature of the situation
If an application is refused, individuals cannot re-apply for an award within 12 months unless there has been a relevant and significant change in circumstances or substantial and relevant information was not presented in the first application.